In the fourth of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse issue of June 12, 1937, on War Admiral winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Here is an excerpt from Joe Palmer's Sidelights column in The Blood-Horse issue of June 19, 1948 on Citation winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Seattle Slew successfully underwent surgery Saturday morning to fuse the joint between two vertebrae in his neck.
Seattle Slew, the only living Triple Crown winner, celebrated his 28th birthday Friday, Feb. 15, at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Seattle Slew bred his first mare of the 2001 breeding season on Monday morning, February 12 -- opening day for the Three Chimneys breeding shed. Seattle Slew successfully bred Dreams of Success, a 4-year-old maiden mare by Dixieland Band owned by Denali Stud and Barry Weisbord. "Seattle Slew bred confidently and aggressively, and physically seems to be in great shape for the breeding season," commented Three Chimneys Farm stallion manager Sandy Hatfield.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah