Triple Crown winner American Pharoah has his first mare reported to be in-foal and she's a star as well, Untouched Talent, dam of grade I winner Bodemeister.
On Dec. 13, Mexican Triple Crown winner Huitlacoche will be making his first start outside of his native country in the Clasico del Caribe at Panama City's Hipdromo Presidente Remon.
- By Claire Novak
- Thoroughbred Racing, Breeders' Cup, Triple Crown, Northeast Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Owner Ahmed Zayat has decided the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) on Aug. 2 will be the Triple Crown winner's first start after a historic 5 1/2-length triumph in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Lenny Shulman talks with Ahmed Zayat owner of 2015 Triple Crown Winner, American Pharoah.
American Pharoah looked strong and fresh in his first exercise as a Triple Crown champion, returning to the dirt June 12 for a clockwise jog before media and adoring fans as the sun rose over Churchill Downs.
More than 1,700 people converged on AKsarben racetrack on May 30-31 when hundreds of items were auctioned, from photographs to grandstand seats.
This weekend in Omaha, Neb., grandstand seats, the jocks' room scale, and images of Triple Crown winner Omaha will be available when items from AKsarben racetrack are sold at auction.
Big Red now has his own Web site at www.secretariat.com.
Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew is heading back to the breeding shed in 2001 after recovering from neck surgery in April and passing recent semen tests that indicate his fertility problems were temporary.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- Darby Dan Back on the Derby Trail
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero