Hoping to earn a place among the nation's elite sprinters, the seven runners lining up for the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) will all have something to prove at Hollywood Park on July 5.
Despite being away from action for more than a year, multiple grade II winner Surf Cat presents a formidable obstacle for Siren Lure, who attempts to defend his title in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Favored Siren Lure, ridden by Alex Solis, came flying off the turn to collar the pacesetters Battle Won and Unfurl the Flag, taking command approaching the sixteenth pole to win the $300,000 Triple Bend invitational Handicap (gr. I) by 1 1/2 lengths.
Unfurl the Flag seeks to become the first horse in 50 years to successfully defend honors in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee