Hoping to earn a place among the nation's elite sprinters, the seven runners lining up for the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) will all have something to prove at Hollywood Park on July 5.
Despite being away from action for more than a year, multiple grade II winner Surf Cat presents a formidable obstacle for Siren Lure, who attempts to defend his title in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Favored Siren Lure, ridden by Alex Solis, came flying off the turn to collar the pacesetters Battle Won and Unfurl the Flag, taking command approaching the sixteenth pole to win the $300,000 Triple Bend invitational Handicap (gr. I) by 1 1/2 lengths.
Unfurl the Flag seeks to become the first horse in 50 years to successfully defend honors in the $300,000 Triple Bend Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup