The Clark Handicap (gr. I) winner will contest the April 16 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) before returning to New York, where he was recently named New York-bred Horse of the Year. He breezed five furlongs April 7.
Tri-Bone Stables' Effinex, the probable favorite for the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 12, arrived at Santa Anita Park safely from Florida early the evening of March 3.
Tri-Bone Stables' Effinex went eye-to-eye with two-time grade I winner Tonalist in the stretch and won the $500,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) by a head bob July 4 at Belmont Park.
Instead of 3-5 favorite Wicked Strong winning in his second start of the season, it was the 6-1 Effinex who made a sweeping move on the final turn and put away pacesetter Red Rifle to win the 1 1/4-mile test.
West Point Thoroughbreds' aptly named Empire Dreams looks to break through July 12 in the $150,000 New York Derby at Finger Lakes, coming off back-to-back seconds for trainer Tom Albertrani in restricted company.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- First Winner for Empire Way