Zanim Meahjohn's Fortune Pearl emerged from a scramble at the top of the stretch and drew away to capture her first stakes victory in the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park July 5.
Trainer Juan Vazquez, who witnesses say was involved in a scuffle June 23 with jockey Trevor McCarthy at Delaware Park, was suspended for 90 days by the track's stewards on June 26.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Laurel Park's winter meeting ended March 29 with apprentice jockey Trevor McCarthy taking the jockey title and four conditioners sharing the trainer title.
Trevor McCarthy and Hugh McMahon wrapped up 2013 titles in the jockey and trainer divisions, respectively, at the major Maryland tracks after the Dec. 31 final card of the season at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Apprentice rider Trevor McCarthy will miss eight to 10 weeks with a broken left tibia suffered April 11 during morning training at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Proposes Emergency Cobalt Threshold
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury
- Nebraska Court to Decide on Instant Racing
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: Woodward Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Triumph in the Bernard Baruch?
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens