Fillies led the way on opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's National weanling sale May 11, bringing the three top prices.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
A young horse sired by Iffraaj topped the select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's national yearling sales for the second day in a row.
An Iffraaj filly was the most expensive horse sold Feb. 2 during the first session of the three-day select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's national yearling sales at Karaka.
Lucky Owners colt brings top price when sold for NZ$170,000 (US116,731)to bloodstock agent Kieran Moore.
French champion Elusive City has been purchased by Trelawney Stud in partnership with Cambridge Stud, Fairdale Stud, and Haunui Farm.
Irish group II winner Van Nistelrooy will return to Trelawney Stud in Cambridge, New Zealand.
It seems the free spending honeymoon is far from over if the outstanding success of the opening session of the 2004 Australian Broodmare sale today is anything to go by.
Van Nistelrooy, the world's most expensive yearling sold at auction in 2001, has been retired from racing due to injury
Kingdom Bay, the first New Zealand-bred stallion to become New Zealand's champion sire, was euthanized Oct. 8 at age 21 at Trelawney Stud.
On the eve of Carnegie Express's shot at a Triple Crown in the Australian Derby (Aust-I) on March 30, Darley has announced that his sire will work in Australia this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- MJC Reports Increased Average Daily Handle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends