Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Mubtaker, a brilliant 3 1/2-length victor in Saturday's Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury for the second straight year, may be headed for Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Frankie Dettori said Moon Ballad's superior speed was the main factor in his decision to partner that colt instead of Grandera in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 29.
Nayef, a 4-year-old half-brother of Nashwan, earned his second consecutive group I win Saturday night, taking the $2 million Dubai Sheema Classic by two lengths over Helene Vitality.
Dubai Champion Stakes (Eng-I) winner Nayef is doing well and remains on target for either the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) or Dubai Sheema Clasic (UAE-IT), according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?