Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Mubtaker, a brilliant 3 1/2-length victor in Saturday's Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury for the second straight year, may be headed for Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Frankie Dettori said Moon Ballad's superior speed was the main factor in his decision to partner that colt instead of Grandera in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 29.
Nayef, a 4-year-old half-brother of Nashwan, earned his second consecutive group I win Saturday night, taking the $2 million Dubai Sheema Classic by two lengths over Helene Vitality.
Dubai Champion Stakes (Eng-I) winner Nayef is doing well and remains on target for either the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) or Dubai Sheema Clasic (UAE-IT), according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita