Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Mubtaker, a brilliant 3 1/2-length victor in Saturday's Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury for the second straight year, may be headed for Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Frankie Dettori said Moon Ballad's superior speed was the main factor in his decision to partner that colt instead of Grandera in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 29.
Nayef, a 4-year-old half-brother of Nashwan, earned his second consecutive group I win Saturday night, taking the $2 million Dubai Sheema Classic by two lengths over Helene Vitality.
Dubai Champion Stakes (Eng-I) winner Nayef is doing well and remains on target for either the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) or Dubai Sheema Clasic (UAE-IT), according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic