Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Mubtaker, a brilliant 3 1/2-length victor in Saturday's Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury for the second straight year, may be headed for Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Frankie Dettori said Moon Ballad's superior speed was the main factor in his decision to partner that colt instead of Grandera in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) on March 29.
Nayef, a 4-year-old half-brother of Nashwan, earned his second consecutive group I win Saturday night, taking the $2 million Dubai Sheema Classic by two lengths over Helene Vitality.
Dubai Champion Stakes (Eng-I) winner Nayef is doing well and remains on target for either the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) or Dubai Sheema Clasic (UAE-IT), according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic