Hudson River Farm's Moneytrain, who set a steeplechase course record at Colonial Downs last month in a dominating performance, is the horse to beat in Sunday's seventh annual Zeke Ferguson Memorial (NSA-III) at the Virginia racetrack.
Aiken hosts the Regions Bank Imperial Cup on Saturday. Al Skywalker heads a group slated to compete March 27 at Camden. McDynamo is sidelined.
Tiring Trebizond stumbled after clearing the last two fences, but held on to beat Blasphemous by 3 1/2 lengths in the $106,150 Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) for older horses at Belmont Park Thursday.
Steeplechasers will be part of the Triple Crown show at Belmont Park this week, as a solid field of 11 was entered for Thursday's $100,000 Meadow Brook Stakes (National Steeplechase Association grade I) over National Fences.
William C. Lickle's Trebizond collared Naughty Prince inside the final 30 yards to post a half-length victory in the fifth running of the $106,200 Hard Scuffle (NSA gr. I) before a record Thursday crowd of 24,312 at Churchill Downs.
Saratoga Notebook: Medaglia d'Oro Works; Mike's Wildcat Update; Zito Pair to Jim Dandy; Wild Steeplechase
Preparing for the Jim Dandy on Aug. 4, Belmont stakes runner-up Medaglia d'Oro worked six furlongs in 1:13.85 handily Thursday morning over the main track at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts