Hudson River Farm's Moneytrain, who set a steeplechase course record at Colonial Downs last month in a dominating performance, is the horse to beat in Sunday's seventh annual Zeke Ferguson Memorial (NSA-III) at the Virginia racetrack.
Aiken hosts the Regions Bank Imperial Cup on Saturday. Al Skywalker heads a group slated to compete March 27 at Camden. McDynamo is sidelined.
Tiring Trebizond stumbled after clearing the last two fences, but held on to beat Blasphemous by 3 1/2 lengths in the $106,150 Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) for older horses at Belmont Park Thursday.
Steeplechasers will be part of the Triple Crown show at Belmont Park this week, as a solid field of 11 was entered for Thursday's $100,000 Meadow Brook Stakes (National Steeplechase Association grade I) over National Fences.
William C. Lickle's Trebizond collared Naughty Prince inside the final 30 yards to post a half-length victory in the fifth running of the $106,200 Hard Scuffle (NSA gr. I) before a record Thursday crowd of 24,312 at Churchill Downs.
Saratoga Notebook: Medaglia d'Oro Works; Mike's Wildcat Update; Zito Pair to Jim Dandy; Wild Steeplechase
Preparing for the Jim Dandy on Aug. 4, Belmont stakes runner-up Medaglia d'Oro worked six furlongs in 1:13.85 handily Thursday morning over the main track at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training