The grade I Cotillion Stakes, which figures to have a major impact on the 3-year-old filly championship, attracted some of the top members of the division and few interesting wild cards for its Sept. 20 renewal at Parx.
A well-bred group of 2-year-old fillies will face off in the $200,000 Adirondack (gr. II) at Saratoga, with 5-2 morning line favorite Angela Renee taking on Take Charge Brandi and undefeated Vivian Da Bling.
Favored Sweet Reason registered her third lifetime grade I victory when she came from well off the pace to capture the $500,000 Longines Test Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
Sweet Reason came from off the pace to register her second grade I victory in the $750,000 TVG Acorn Stakes June 7 at Belmont Park.
Treadway Racing Stable's Sweet Reason, winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course last summer, made a successful return to the races March 7 at Aqueduct Racetrack in the featured eighth race.
Odds-on choice Noble Moon proved a popular winner of the $200,000 Jerome Stakes (gr. II) as the 3-year-old season started in New York Jan. 4 at frigid Aqueduct Racetrack.
Sweet Reason, smashing winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, is the headliner in the 1 1/16-mile Frizette Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Sweet Reason confirmed her love for sloppy going when the recent maiden winner splashed away to an easy victory in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Gross, Average Decline at Keeneland Sale
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby