It will be strictly business for Stone, 33, Churchill's track announcer since the 2015 spring/summer meeting.
During the winter months, Travis Stone and John Imbriale will divide time in the announcer's booth, stepping in for Larry Collmus, who will return to the microphone in early April, and give NYRA a pair of respected voices to call each day's races.
The West Virginia Breeders' Classics will have a new announcer for its 29th edition as Travis Stone has been tabbed as the new voice of the event to be run Oct. 10 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Travis Stone, race caller at Monmouth Park in 2014, has been named the new track announcer at Churchill Downs and will be the voice of the world-famous Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Travis Stone will be the new track announcer at the beginning of the 2014 Monmouth Park meet Saturday, May 10, according to an announcement from the Oceanport, N.J., track.
A fire at a small training center close to Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City Aug. 1 has destroyed at least one barn and reportedly killed 19 horses.
Gulfstream Park's 2010 schedule is again laden with graded stakes, and one safe bet is that most of the 80 racing days will be warm and sunny. Otherwise, there are changes and questions in abundance.
Travis Stone, a 24-year-old track announcer at Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City, La., will call the action at Golden Gate Fields Nov. 12-16.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill