During the winter months, Travis Stone and John Imbriale will divide time in the announcer's booth, stepping in for Larry Collmus, who will return to the microphone in early April, and give NYRA a pair of respected voices to call each day's races.
The West Virginia Breeders' Classics will have a new announcer for its 29th edition as Travis Stone has been tabbed as the new voice of the event to be run Oct. 10 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Travis Stone, race caller at Monmouth Park in 2014, has been named the new track announcer at Churchill Downs and will be the voice of the world-famous Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Travis Stone will be the new track announcer at the beginning of the 2014 Monmouth Park meet Saturday, May 10, according to an announcement from the Oceanport, N.J., track.
A fire at a small training center close to Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City Aug. 1 has destroyed at least one barn and reportedly killed 19 horses.
Gulfstream Park's 2010 schedule is again laden with graded stakes, and one safe bet is that most of the 80 racing days will be warm and sunny. Otherwise, there are changes and questions in abundance.
Travis Stone, a 24-year-old track announcer at Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City, La., will call the action at Golden Gate Fields Nov. 12-16.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017