The West Virginia Breeders' Classics will have a new announcer for its 29th edition as Travis Stone has been tabbed as the new voice of the event to be run Oct. 10 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Travis Stone, race caller at Monmouth Park in 2014, has been named the new track announcer at Churchill Downs and will be the voice of the world-famous Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Travis Stone will be the new track announcer at the beginning of the 2014 Monmouth Park meet Saturday, May 10, according to an announcement from the Oceanport, N.J., track.
A fire at a small training center close to Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City Aug. 1 has destroyed at least one barn and reportedly killed 19 horses.
Gulfstream Park's 2010 schedule is again laden with graded stakes, and one safe bet is that most of the 80 racing days will be warm and sunny. Otherwise, there are changes and questions in abundance.
Travis Stone, a 24-year-old track announcer at Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City, La., will call the action at Golden Gate Fields Nov. 12-16.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park