During the winter months, Travis Stone and John Imbriale will divide time in the announcer's booth, stepping in for Larry Collmus, who will return to the microphone in early April, and give NYRA a pair of respected voices to call each day's races.
The West Virginia Breeders' Classics will have a new announcer for its 29th edition as Travis Stone has been tabbed as the new voice of the event to be run Oct. 10 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Travis Stone, race caller at Monmouth Park in 2014, has been named the new track announcer at Churchill Downs and will be the voice of the world-famous Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Travis Stone will be the new track announcer at the beginning of the 2014 Monmouth Park meet Saturday, May 10, according to an announcement from the Oceanport, N.J., track.
A fire at a small training center close to Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City Aug. 1 has destroyed at least one barn and reportedly killed 19 horses.
Gulfstream Park's 2010 schedule is again laden with graded stakes, and one safe bet is that most of the 80 racing days will be warm and sunny. Otherwise, there are changes and questions in abundance.
Travis Stone, a 24-year-old track announcer at Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City, La., will call the action at Golden Gate Fields Nov. 12-16.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win