Retired jockey Randy Romero is to racehorses what Evel Knievel was to motorcycles and Nik Wallendato high wires. Skill, injuries, and courage are imbedded like bone screws in his career and life.
Fair Grounds will host a benefit dinner on Wednesday to raise money for retired jockey Randy Romero's kidney transplant surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million