Retired jockey Randy Romero is to racehorses what Evel Knievel was to motorcycles and Nik Wallendato high wires. Skill, injuries, and courage are imbedded like bone screws in his career and life.
Fair Grounds will host a benefit dinner on Wednesday to raise money for retired jockey Randy Romero's kidney transplant surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night