Tranquility Lake led all the way under jockey Eddie Delahoussaye to win the $500,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) by a length over Spanish Fern Saturday at Santa Anita. Over firm turf, Tranquility Lake completed the 1 1/4 miles in 2:02.98 after running the final quarter-mile in :22.63 seconds.
Defending champion Spanish Fern and Tranquility Lake head a field of six entered in Saturday's $500,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting. Earlier in the day, undefeated Flame Thrower heads a field of eight entered in the $200,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II).
Tranquility Lake will miss Saturday's Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) due to a fever. The 5-year-old mare was expected to be the favorite and highweight for the nine-furlong race at Del Mar, but she apparently suffered a spider bite and became ill.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's Tranquility Lake earned her second victory of the year from as many starts and jockey Eddie Delahoussaye earned his third victory on the day when the two teamed up for a front-running win in the $136,950 Palomar Handicap (gr. IIIT) Wednesday at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton