Defending champion Spanish Fern and Tranquility Lake head a field of six entered in Saturday's $500,000 Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting. Earlier in the day, undefeated Flame Thrower heads a field of eight entered in the $200,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. II).
Tranquility Lake will miss Saturday's Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) due to a fever. The 5-year-old mare was expected to be the favorite and highweight for the nine-furlong race at Del Mar, but she apparently suffered a spider bite and became ill.
Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod's Tranquility Lake earned her second victory of the year from as many starts and jockey Eddie Delahoussaye earned his third victory on the day when the two teamed up for a front-running win in the $136,950 Palomar Handicap (gr. IIIT) Wednesday at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer