The large crowds that had lined the Keeneland apron hoping to get a glimpse of Triple Crown winner American Pharoah the previous two days were nowhere around when the colt went to the main track Oct. 30.
Claire Novak updates us on the status of Beholder following her scratch of the Breeders' Cup Classic. Claire also mentions American Pharoah and other news of the day.
When an overnight rain left the main track at Keeneland sloppy and sealed Oct. 25, Richard Mandella trained champion racemare Beholder over the synthetic training track and schooled in the paddock.
Race Caller Craig Evans gives us an exciting behind the scenes tour of all the facilities for horses, trainers, and media at the Singapore Turf Club. watch video
He plans to build a one-mile training track on the property, which is located approximately six miles from the Aiken Training Track.
Is Polytrack the future of racing surfaces in the United States? The five-eighths-mile training track at Keeneland may ultimately answer that question.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm