Trainer David Simcock discusses his entries for Dubai World Cup Day: Trade Storm, Moment in Time, and Sheikhzayedroad. Watch Video
Entering the $250,000 United Arab Emirates Oaks (UAE-III) Ihtimal appeared the unassailable standout at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 27, and as it turned out, she was.
Wise Dan became the first two-time winner of the Ricoh Woodbine Mile when he romped to victory Sept. 15 in track-record time over the Toronto track's turf course as the shortest-priced favorite in the race's 17 renewals.
Morton Fink's Wise Dan, winner of last year's Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) and Horse of the Year in 2012, drew post four in a field of six as the 2-5 favorite for the $1 million grass test Sept. 15 in Toronto.
Breeders' Cup Turf and Arlington Million winner looks to add another rich purse in the $5 million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Duty Free (UAE-I) March 30 at Meydan.
Trainer David Simcock talks about Stasio and Trade Storm; video includes footage of the horses on the track. Watch Video
Horses featured include Balmont Mast (#145), Sole Power (#210), Little Mike (#211), and Trade Storm (#188). Watch Video
Trade Storm gamely threaded his way through horses in the stretch and burst clear late to deny favored Musir a win in the $250,000 Zabeel Mile Sponsored by Stud Estrela Energia (UAE-II) March 2 at Meydan.
Australian group I winner Mental grabbed the lead late from Kavanagh and drew clear to a one-length victory in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Jaguar XJ (UAE-III) at Meydan Feb. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher