A $250,000 bonus will be awarded to the connections of a horse that sweeps this year's Big Apple Triple, a series of races for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Belmont Park, Finger Lakes Racetrack, and Saratoga Race Course.
In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Tiago, who stands at Adena Springs Standing at McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y., might miss the 2012 breeding season.
The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
Breeders and owners in New York, shortchanged the past couple years, in part, because of the bankruptcy of New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., are in line to get $4.4 million in purse awards due them in 2009 and 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown