In 2017 New York-breds by New York stallions will gain $7,000 for MSW wins.
A $250,000 bonus will be awarded to the connections of a horse that sweeps this year's Big Apple Triple, a series of races for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Belmont Park, Finger Lakes Racetrack, and Saratoga Race Course.
In a state unaccustomed to rosy equine industry fiscal numbers, NY officials are going out of their way to hail the breaking of the $1 million mark in proceeds to a Thoroughbred breeding fund from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Tiago, who stands at Adena Springs Standing at McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y., might miss the 2012 breeding season.
The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
Breeders and owners in New York, shortchanged the past couple years, in part, because of the bankruptcy of New York City Off-Track Betting Corp., are in line to get $4.4 million in purse awards due them in 2009 and 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb