Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Officials in Clark County, Ind., have scheduled a hearing May 12 to discuss a request by Indiana Downs to operate a satellite wagering facility in Jeffersonville or Clarksville. The OTB parlor would be located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs and its Trackside OTB in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf