Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Officials in Clark County, Ind., have scheduled a hearing May 12 to discuss a request by Indiana Downs to operate a satellite wagering facility in Jeffersonville or Clarksville. The OTB parlor would be located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs and its Trackside OTB in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Hall of Fame Jockey Turcotte Out of Hospital
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Efforts Continue to Identify At-Risk Horses
- 'Quisqueyano' Aims for Graded Win in TX Mile
- Median Rises at OBS Spring Sale Opener
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington