Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Officials in Clark County, Ind., have scheduled a hearing May 12 to discuss a request by Indiana Downs to operate a satellite wagering facility in Jeffersonville or Clarksville. The OTB parlor would be located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs and its Trackside OTB in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered