Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Officials in Clark County, Ind., have scheduled a hearing May 12 to discuss a request by Indiana Downs to operate a satellite wagering facility in Jeffersonville or Clarksville. The OTB parlor would be located just across the Ohio River from Churchill Downs and its Trackside OTB in Louisville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner