On the morning of Aug. 28, Keeneland Race Course opened its new state-of-the-art dirt main track to training for the first time since the artificial Polytrack surface was replaced.
A pair of presenters on racetrack surfaces at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit talked about how improved information is helping to improve surfaces throughout the U.S.
Louisiana racing officials planned to meet May 18 to discuss a strategy in the wake of an announcement that live racing at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino would be halted until June 30 so the new racing surface can be overhauled.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released