On the morning of Aug. 28, Keeneland Race Course opened its new state-of-the-art dirt main track to training for the first time since the artificial Polytrack surface was replaced.
A pair of presenters on racetrack surfaces at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit talked about how improved information is helping to improve surfaces throughout the U.S.
Louisiana racing officials planned to meet May 18 to discuss a strategy in the wake of an announcement that live racing at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino would be halted until June 30 so the new racing surface can be overhauled.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint