On the morning of Aug. 28, Keeneland Race Course opened its new state-of-the-art dirt main track to training for the first time since the artificial Polytrack surface was replaced.
A pair of presenters on racetrack surfaces at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit talked about how improved information is helping to improve surfaces throughout the U.S.
Louisiana racing officials planned to meet May 18 to discuss a strategy in the wake of an announcement that live racing at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino would be halted until June 30 so the new racing surface can be overhauled.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules