On the morning of Aug. 28, Keeneland Race Course opened its new state-of-the-art dirt main track to training for the first time since the artificial Polytrack surface was replaced.
A pair of presenters on racetrack surfaces at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit talked about how improved information is helping to improve surfaces throughout the U.S.
Louisiana racing officials planned to meet May 18 to discuss a strategy in the wake of an announcement that live racing at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino would be halted until June 30 so the new racing surface can be overhauled.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives