One of the many questions surrounding the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) is whether the European-trained Toast of New York, a top-class synthetic specialist, will be as effective on dirt. read blog
Join Lenny Shulman as he talks with the legendary Nick Zito. Zito talks through Keeneland's new track surface, shares thoughts on his top horses, and gives a tip on one of his top 2-year-olds. watch video
- By Ron Mitchell
Horses work over the new dirt track at Keeneland on August 28, 2014. Watch Video
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
U.S. horses slump in the Dubai World Cup since surface change. read blog
Oaklawn Park has completed the overhaul of its racetrack, which included rebuilding the base and renovating the racing surface. Horses are scheduled to arrive at the Arkansas track around Dec. 1.
Arlington Park track superintendent Javier Baraja said at 9:30 a.m. central time this morning that the track surface for the Breeders' Cup races will start out either muddy or good, but should be upgraded as the day progresses.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark