One of the many questions surrounding the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) is whether the European-trained Toast of New York, a top-class synthetic specialist, will be as effective on dirt. read blog
Join Lenny Shulman as he talks with the legendary Nick Zito. Zito talks through Keeneland's new track surface, shares thoughts on his top horses, and gives a tip on one of his top 2-year-olds. watch video
- By Ron Mitchell
Horses work over the new dirt track at Keeneland on August 28, 2014. Watch Video
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
U.S. horses slump in the Dubai World Cup since surface change. read blog
Oaklawn Park has completed the overhaul of its racetrack, which included rebuilding the base and renovating the racing surface. Horses are scheduled to arrive at the Arkansas track around Dec. 1.
Arlington Park track superintendent Javier Baraja said at 9:30 a.m. central time this morning that the track surface for the Breeders' Cup races will start out either muddy or good, but should be upgraded as the day progresses.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan