Churchill Downs Racetrack announced March 31 that track superintendent David Lehr will retire from that post, effective May 31, and will be succeeded by assistant track superintendent James "Jamie" Richardson.
The Track Superintendents' and Arena Managers' Field Day attracted a record 120 registrants, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Aug. 19.
The Racing Surfaces Committee formed at the inaugural Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit in 2006 has published a 34-page "Racing Surfaces White Paper."
Oaklawn Park has announced the appointment of Jamie Richardson as track superintendent for the Hot Springs, Arkansas track.
- By Dan Liebman
By Dan Liebman -- While there is a question of whether a track bias is real or perceived, one thing for sure is that track safety is the main goal of all racetrack superintendents.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Pari-Mutuel Daily Fantasy Game Launches
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience