Two weeks before the 29-day Ellis Park meet begins July 4, horsemen are expressing concerns about the condition of the main track and some, including prominent conditioner Larry Jones, have decided not to race at the track.
U.S. Sen. Tom Udall and U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield requested detailed answers on the progress of drug testing and monitoring and racetrack safety from industry leaders.
The second annual Elastikon Equine Research Award, funded through a grant made by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, has been awarded to Dr. Wayne McIlwraith of Colorado State University and Dr. Mick Peterson of the University of Maine for their research designed to enhance the safety of race tracks for horses.
Most Popular Stories
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Chasing Landaluce
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association