Delores Wagner's Caffe D'Oro set a new course record of :54.57 for five furlongs on turf at Monmouth Park on July 15.
The most money ever was wagered June 30 on a single race, $379,220, and on a single race card, $2,140,490.
Shaggy Mane is one of 39 fillies and mares nominated to the Sept. 15 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes, a $400,000, six-furlong test designed to serve as a prep for the new $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
The first day of July brought two new track records to Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va. After a sprinkler malfunctioned, all nine of the Tuesday's scheduled races were run on the main track.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran shattered the one-mile track record at Belmont Park on the opening day card with an impressive victory in the Westchester Handicap (gr. III). His time for the one-turn mile was a blistering 1:32.24.
Michael Gill's Boston Brat, who set a track record for five furlongs in his last start, equaled Gulfstream Park's record for 5 1/2 furlongs Monday as he raced the distance in 1:02 2/5.
Mayakovsky made a spectacular racing debut when he sped 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03 1-5 in Wednesday's third race at Saratoga, breaking a 55-year-old track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- Starstruck Heads Cast in Monmouth's Violet
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm