Delores Wagner's Caffe D'Oro set a new course record of :54.57 for five furlongs on turf at Monmouth Park on July 15.
The most money ever was wagered June 30 on a single race, $379,220, and on a single race card, $2,140,490.
Shaggy Mane is one of 39 fillies and mares nominated to the Sept. 15 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes, a $400,000, six-furlong test designed to serve as a prep for the new $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
The first day of July brought two new track records to Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va. After a sprinkler malfunctioned, all nine of the Tuesday's scheduled races were run on the main track.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran shattered the one-mile track record at Belmont Park on the opening day card with an impressive victory in the Westchester Handicap (gr. III). His time for the one-turn mile was a blistering 1:32.24.
Michael Gill's Boston Brat, who set a track record for five furlongs in his last start, equaled Gulfstream Park's record for 5 1/2 furlongs Monday as he raced the distance in 1:02 2/5.
Mayakovsky made a spectacular racing debut when he sped 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03 1-5 in Wednesday's third race at Saratoga, breaking a 55-year-old track record.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19