Delores Wagner's Caffe D'Oro set a new course record of :54.57 for five furlongs on turf at Monmouth Park on July 15.
The most money ever was wagered June 30 on a single race, $379,220, and on a single race card, $2,140,490.
Shaggy Mane is one of 39 fillies and mares nominated to the Sept. 15 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes, a $400,000, six-furlong test designed to serve as a prep for the new $1-million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
The first day of July brought two new track records to Colonial Downs near New Kent, Va. After a sprinkler malfunctioned, all nine of the Tuesday's scheduled races were run on the main track.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran shattered the one-mile track record at Belmont Park on the opening day card with an impressive victory in the Westchester Handicap (gr. III). His time for the one-turn mile was a blistering 1:32.24.
Michael Gill's Boston Brat, who set a track record for five furlongs in his last start, equaled Gulfstream Park's record for 5 1/2 furlongs Monday as he raced the distance in 1:02 2/5.
Mayakovsky made a spectacular racing debut when he sped 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03 1-5 in Wednesday's third race at Saratoga, breaking a 55-year-old track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead