Monmouth Park is accepting applications for a track announcer after the recent news that Larry Collmus has accepted the same position at Churchill Downs.
Larry Collmus will become the seventh track announcer at Churchill Downs when the spring meet opens this year at the Louisville track, replacing Mark Johnson.
Tom Durkin April 26 announced his decision not to renew his contract to call the Triple Crown races this year for NBC Sports.
John Lies will be the track announcer for the upcoming Quarter Horse racing season at Hialeah Park in Florida.
Matt Hook has joined Pinnacle Race Course as track announcer, with additional roles as assistant racing secretary and track handicapper. The announcement was made July 16 by Pinnacle Race Course general manager Allan Plever.
Officials at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino announced that Sean Beirne, director of simulcasting/public relations and track announcer, has resigned from his position effective Aug. 1.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie has hired John Lies as its track announcer for the 2005 spring Thoroughbred season that runs April 14 through July 17.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29