Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will try a promotion that has been successful at other racetracks when it holds a starter allowance tournament scheduled to begin in March 2012.
Kentucky horseracing interests are sponsoring a June 16 poker tournament to raise money for the Backside Lifestyle Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program at Churchill Downs.
Defending champion Ron Rippey of Wayne, N.J., heads a field of 255 horseplayers who will vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year."
HorseRacing TV has entered into a comprehensive agreement with Coast Hotels and Casinos for exclusive broadcast coverage and promotion of the Horse Player World Series from the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Jan. 19-21.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor
- Calder's Top Racing Official to Stay With CDI