Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will try a promotion that has been successful at other racetracks when it holds a starter allowance tournament scheduled to begin in March 2012.
Kentucky horseracing interests are sponsoring a June 16 poker tournament to raise money for the Backside Lifestyle Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program at Churchill Downs.
Defending champion Ron Rippey of Wayne, N.J., heads a field of 255 horseplayers who will vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year."
HorseRacing TV has entered into a comprehensive agreement with Coast Hotels and Casinos for exclusive broadcast coverage and promotion of the Horse Player World Series from the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Jan. 19-21.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Trainer Pish Secures 2,000th Victory
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track