Touch Tone, who sired the first two finishers in this year's Texas Stallion Stakes at Lone Star Park, will stand in 2013 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas.
First-crop sires Erlton, Planet Earth, and Touch Tone were represented by their first winners May 12.
Touch Tone, a 4-year-old stakes winner and grade I stakes-placed son of Pick Up the Phone, has been retired and will stand in 2003 at Jim Helzer's JEH Stallion Station near Pilot Point, Texas. He will stand for $2,500.
Sometimes, even horses that want to run long mature early. Such is the case with Tom Durant's Most Feared, who trainer Ronny Werner will send out Saturday in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Most Feared was back on the track at Arlington Park Saturday morning and the Arlington- Washington Futurity (gr. III) winner flashed speed in a six-furlong work as he prepped for the Bessemer Trust Juvenile.
Breeders' Cup Sprint contender Xtra Heat withstood some quick early pressure and turned in her first career victory over males by three lengths Saturday in the 150th running of the $250,000 Phoenix (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Macho Uno took the lead with a furlong to go and went on to a 1 1/2 -length victory over Unbridled Elaine in the $500,000 Pennsylvania Derby at Philadelphia Park on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes