Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Bluegrass Hall's Oxbow went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes by 11 1/2 lengths for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Jan. 19. Earlier, Touch Magic took the Silverbulletday.
Steve Asmussen-trained Madame Cactus heads wide-open field stretching out to a mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont