Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Bluegrass Hall's Oxbow went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes by 11 1/2 lengths for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Jan. 19. Earlier, Touch Magic took the Silverbulletday.
Steve Asmussen-trained Madame Cactus heads wide-open field stretching out to a mile.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop