Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
The only stakes on the May 3 card to draw a maximum 14-horse field was not the Kentucky Oaks. It was another race for 3-year-old fillies, the Eight Belles Presented by Xerox (gr. III), with undefeated Calistoga favored.
Bluegrass Hall's Oxbow went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes by 11 1/2 lengths for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Jan. 19. Earlier, Touch Magic took the Silverbulletday.
Steve Asmussen-trained Madame Cactus heads wide-open field stretching out to a mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Florida Feed Manufacturer Issues Recall
- THS: Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California