The International Simulcast Conference in Lexington will commence Monday, Oct. 7, with a series of sessions devoted to the urgent need to improve and enhance the customer experience at tracks and simulcast facilities.
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau plans to roll out what it calls the "Tote Security System" in the fall of 2013, officials said Oct. 2.
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau in the next one to two years plans to launch a tote security system designed to close pools on time, eliminate shifts in odds, and display decimal rather than fractional odds.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau publicly acknowledged Dec. 17 its work on a "tote-enhancing initiative designed to address fan concerns with pari-mutuel wagering and improve efficiency and security in the future."
Breeders' Cup officials hope large fields and a revised race order contribute to fuel solid wagering for the Oct. 29 World Thoroughbred Championships at Belmont Park.
Wagering outlets and tote providers that fail to comply with security and technological upgrades mandated by the proposed National Office on Wagering Security will find themselves on the outside looking in, officials said Dec. 12 as the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing wrapped up business for 2004.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association board of directors has decided to scrap the Great State Challenge for this year given lack of sponsorship, but it hopes the event, inaugurated in 2002, will return next year.
The Wagering Technology working group formed by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association plans to meet again Jan. 9 to discuss the pari-mutuel review triggered by the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed