Remington Park posted an increase in total pari-mutuel handle and distributed record purses for its 67-day Thoroughbred season, which concluded Dec. 13.
Gulfstream Park West reported a 19% increase in daily average pari-mutuel handle during its 40-day fall turf festival meet that concluded Nov. 28, as well as an 8% increase in total handle.
Oaklawn Park's 2015 live meet ended April 11 with increases in total handle and record-setting purses despite losing seven days to bad weather.
The total all-sources handle for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) reached $71,468,223, a 14% increase over last year, according to the Maryland Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record