Remington Park posted an increase in total pari-mutuel handle and distributed record purses for its 67-day Thoroughbred season, which concluded Dec. 13.
Gulfstream Park West reported a 19% increase in daily average pari-mutuel handle during its 40-day fall turf festival meet that concluded Nov. 28, as well as an 8% increase in total handle.
Oaklawn Park's 2015 live meet ended April 11 with increases in total handle and record-setting purses despite losing seven days to bad weather.
The total all-sources handle for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) reached $71,468,223, a 14% increase over last year, according to the Maryland Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bode's Dream Makes Return in House Party
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire