Remington Park posted an increase in total pari-mutuel handle and distributed record purses for its 67-day Thoroughbred season, which concluded Dec. 13.
Gulfstream Park West reported a 19% increase in daily average pari-mutuel handle during its 40-day fall turf festival meet that concluded Nov. 28, as well as an 8% increase in total handle.
Oaklawn Park's 2015 live meet ended April 11 with increases in total handle and record-setting purses despite losing seven days to bad weather.
The total all-sources handle for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) reached $71,468,223, a 14% increase over last year, according to the Maryland Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate