Remington Park posted an increase in total pari-mutuel handle and distributed record purses for its 67-day Thoroughbred season, which concluded Dec. 13.
Gulfstream Park West reported a 19% increase in daily average pari-mutuel handle during its 40-day fall turf festival meet that concluded Nov. 28, as well as an 8% increase in total handle.
Oaklawn Park's 2015 live meet ended April 11 with increases in total handle and record-setting purses despite losing seven days to bad weather.
The total all-sources handle for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) reached $71,468,223, a 14% increase over last year, according to the Maryland Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California