Yutaka Take became Japan's first jockey to win 100 grade or group I races when he guided Tosen Ra to victory in the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 17 at Kyoto.
With stamina to spare as he crossed the finish line, Fenomeno won the US$3,437,000 Tenno Sho (Spring) (Jpn-I) from Tosen Ra and globetrotter Red Cadeaux in a breakthrough victory April 28 at Kyoto.
Orfevre became the seventh Japanese Triple Crown winner Oct. 23 when he registered a 2 1/2-length victory as a strong favorite in the $2.7 million Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese St. Leger, at Kyoto Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Chasing Landaluce
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association