Graded stakes winners Sing Baby Sing and Ravalo head a field of eight entered for the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City racetrack
Stewart Madison's homebred and multiple grade I winner Happy Ticket was named Louisiana's champion older female for 2006, which marked the third straight year she was honored as a state-bred champion by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Short prices warmed the hearts of favorite players as Louisiana Champions Day returned to its home base Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course. The featured $150,000 Classic went to even-money choice Costa Rising by a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November