Graded stakes winners Sing Baby Sing and Ravalo head a field of eight entered for the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City racetrack
Stewart Madison's homebred and multiple grade I winner Happy Ticket was named Louisiana's champion older female for 2006, which marked the third straight year she was honored as a state-bred champion by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Short prices warmed the hearts of favorite players as Louisiana Champions Day returned to its home base Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course. The featured $150,000 Classic went to even-money choice Costa Rising by a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru