Graded stakes winners Sing Baby Sing and Ravalo head a field of eight entered for the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City racetrack
Stewart Madison's homebred and multiple grade I winner Happy Ticket was named Louisiana's champion older female for 2006, which marked the third straight year she was honored as a state-bred champion by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Short prices warmed the hearts of favorite players as Louisiana Champions Day returned to its home base Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course. The featured $150,000 Classic went to even-money choice Costa Rising by a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher