Graded stakes winners Sing Baby Sing and Ravalo head a field of eight entered for the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City racetrack
Stewart Madison's homebred and multiple grade I winner Happy Ticket was named Louisiana's champion older female for 2006, which marked the third straight year she was honored as a state-bred champion by the Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
First Regent will make his first start for trainer Randy Morse and main client Mike Langford in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes, the headliner on Oaklawn Park's 2007 opening day program Friday.
Short prices warmed the hearts of favorite players as Louisiana Champions Day returned to its home base Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course. The featured $150,000 Classic went to even-money choice Costa Rising by a nose.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4