The scratch of odds-on morning-line favorite Enola Gray opened the door of opportunity in the $100,000 Torrey Pines Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 28 at Del Mar and Belvoir Bay shot right through it.
Nick Alexander's homebred Enola Gray will take an undefeated record into the $100,000 Torrey Pines Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 28 at Del Mar, but the lightly raced Grazen filly will be up against the toughest field she's ever faced.
Hronis Racing's Stellar Wind heavily outclassed the rest of the $100,000 Torrey Pines Stakes (gr. III) on paper and showed it on the track at Del Mar Aug. 30 with an easy victory.
Hronis Racing's grade I winner Stellar Wind towers over a field of five other 3-year-old fillies in the $100,000 Torrey Pines Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 30 at Del Mar.
Owner Ahmed Zayat celebrated his 52nd birthday in style Aug. 31 when even-money choice Jojo Warrior led them start to finish to take the $100,000 Torrey Pines Stakes (gr. III) from Del Mar.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Spinaway Stakes, Torrey Pines Stakes, and Del Mar Debutante. watch video
Evan Hammonds recaps the Spinaway Stakes, Torrey Pines Stakes, and Del Mar Debutante.
One year after losing the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) by a nose, champion filly Beholder returns to Del Mar in the Torrey Pines Stakes Sept. 1.
Potesta, the Hollywood Oaks winner who suffered a career-ending condylar fracture to her left foreleg, recently arrived at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., for her engagement in Keeneland's January sale.
Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) winner Potesta is bearing weight on her left front leg and trainer Mike Mitchell said he is "very pleased" with the way she continues to recover from a career-ending fracture sustained Sept. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million