Freshman sire Big Brown's first stakes winner, Brown Almighty, will try to secure the first graded win of his young career in the Bourbon Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland oct. 7.
Hawthorne Race Course will waste little time getting to its top races when the 62-day fall meet, highlighted by the Oct. 6 $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II), begins Oct. 5.
Five retired jockeys will ride against five of the top riders in the Arlington Park standings in the "Arlington Fab vs. Legends" turf race Aug. 17, one day before the 30th running of the Arlington Million.
Two of the Chicago circuit's top riders, Eddie Razo Jr. and Francisco Torres, are expected to miss up to six weeks of action due to injuries suffered in separate incidents on Saturday at Hawthorne.
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America (RTCA) announced its first nominees for the 2004 White Horse Award, which strives to honor unsung heroes at North American racetracks.
The New Mexico Racing Commission has suspended a Sunland Park jockey caught at Sunland Park with a small device that generates an electric jolt to prod racehorses to run faster.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year