Freshman sire Big Brown's first stakes winner, Brown Almighty, will try to secure the first graded win of his young career in the Bourbon Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland oct. 7.
Hawthorne Race Course will waste little time getting to its top races when the 62-day fall meet, highlighted by the Oct. 6 $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II), begins Oct. 5.
Five retired jockeys will ride against five of the top riders in the Arlington Park standings in the "Arlington Fab vs. Legends" turf race Aug. 17, one day before the 30th running of the Arlington Million.
Two of the Chicago circuit's top riders, Eddie Razo Jr. and Francisco Torres, are expected to miss up to six weeks of action due to injuries suffered in separate incidents on Saturday at Hawthorne.
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America (RTCA) announced its first nominees for the 2004 White Horse Award, which strives to honor unsung heroes at North American racetracks.
The New Mexico Racing Commission has suspended a Sunland Park jockey caught at Sunland Park with a small device that generates an electric jolt to prod racehorses to run faster.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Wavell Avenue Looks for Gallant Bloom Rebound