For the second consecutive day, big-ticket juveniles were plentiful at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 18 in Florida.
A Smart Strike filly consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $800,000 to become the new sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work