Less than three months after a tornado roared through the stable area at Churchill Downs, restoration and repair work on barns damaged by the storm's winds is complete.
Ellis Park reopened its clubhouse for simulcast wagering on Wednesday for the first time since a tornado ripped through the Henderson, Ky. track in the early morning hours of Nov. 5.
Clean-up efforts were underway at Ellis Park Wednesday to reopen the storm-battered track for simulcasting operations tentatively on Nov. 16.
Veteran trainer Bernie Flint is a native of New Orleans who has spent most of his racing career based at Churchill Downs, but the 65-year-old has a soft spot in his heart for Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak