Trainer Jonathan Sheppard bagged his record 12th victory in the New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) as William L. Pape's Mixed Up carried jockey Danielle Hodsdon to a one-length victory over Top of the Bill in the steeplechase event at Saratoga Race Course.
Randleston Farm's Top Of The Bill accelerated over the final two fences to catch rival The Next Man in the stretch and win Saturday's $75,000 Mellon Bank National Hunt Cup (NSA-II) at the Radnor Hunt Races.
Getting past two horses at the last fence, Randleston Farm's Top Of The Bill took the $75,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup (NSA-II) at Springdale Race Course Saturday.
Saturday's $75,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup (Gr. II) at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C., kicks off the 2006 Steeplechase Triple Crown series, which also includes stops at Middleburg, Va., on April 22 and Radnor, Pa., on May 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Old Fashioned to Stand in South Korea
- Whitmore Gets Green Light for Southwest
- Mare In Foal to Scat Daddy Brings $210,000
- Racetrack Vet Group Takes Proactive Approach
- Taking Shergar
- Delta Downs Bans New Mexico, Arizona Horses
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap