A son of Tapit who is a half brother to grade II winner Corfu lit up the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sales bid board when bought by China Horse Club for $750,000.
If the speediest horses bring the highest prices, then the June 14 first session should get the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.'s June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age off to a fast start.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s management won its race against Mother Nature June 6, completing the second under tack show workout session for the June 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale before heavy rainfall and thunderstorms.
A Florida-bred daughter from the first crop of Big Drama ripped a quarter of a mile in :20 3/5 at Ocala Training Center April 16 to top the fourth under tack preview ahead of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale.
Auction aims to attract top-end buyers as well as a strong middle-market buying base.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. wrapped up a three-day under tack preview for its March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 12 at Ocala Training Center.
Five youngsters shared honors for the fastest eighth of a mile breeze in :10 during the first of six sessions of the under-tack preview for next week's OBS June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age.
Capitalizing on the momentum of this year's thriving auction market, the consignor preferred session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale in Ocala, Fla., enjoyed substantial gains in all key economic indicators.
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move