Rodeo's Castle caught Beau's Town in the final strides to capture the $274,100 Duncan F. Kenner Breeders' Cup Handicap, the first of four stakes Saturday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Snowdrops won a pair of graded stakes from eight starts last year, while Beau's Town never made it to the starting gate, yet both are favored in stakes races at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs Saturday.
Louisiana-based trainer Cole Norman will be prohibited from entering horses in California for a period of one year after his horse Top Commander was found to have been in violation of limits for total carbon dioxide when he ran fifth in the Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) at Del Mar July 31.
Louisiana-based Cole Norman has been identified as the trainer responsible for a "milkshaking" incident in California that occurred July 31 at Del Mar.
Trainer Cole Norman, who captured the 2003 Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) when he shipped Beau's Town to the seashore, will be represented by Top Commander in Sunday's edition of the six-furlong stakes.
Greg's Gold and Pico Central have joined the field for Sunday's grade I, $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap at six furlongs on Del Mar's main track.
Thirty-seven stakes winners, including Cigar Mile (gr. I) champ Lion Tamer, were among the 48 horses entered for Monday's seventh annual Lone Star Million at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Top Commander led all the way for a 1 1/2 -length victory in the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park on Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled