Mambo Meister, fresh off a graded stakes win at Calder Casino and Race Course, heads a field of six in the May 31 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder for 3-year-olds and up.
Too Many Toyz outfought 7-10 favorite It's a Bird to win the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap in the finale of the $1.2 million Florida Million program at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14. Other big winners included Soldier's Dancer and Sweet Repent.
Multiple graded stakes winner It's a Bird returns to Florida for the first time since taking the Sunshine Millions Classic in January as the 122-pound high weight in the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic, the co-main event in the annual Florida Million program for state-breds at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14.
Carol and George Nyren's 4-year-old gelding Dry Martini won his first stakes race when he finished first in the $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) on Monday's holiday card at Calder Race Course.
J. Robert Harris Jr.'s 4-year-old Rehoboth is the most accomplished of eight older horses entered in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course, but the confirmed stretch-runner usually needs plenty of pace in front him to produce his best rally.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available