Under a patient ride from jockey Mark Du Plessis, Raffles Racing's Rock Diva danced her way through the field to post a three-quarters of a length victory in the Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup (NZ-I) March 4.
Soriano slipped up on the inside of pacesetter Fast Dragon late in the Herbie Dyke Stakes (NZ-I) Feb. 7 at Te Rapa and battled that rival stride for stride before getting her head in front at the finish.
Strong trade on the second day of New Zealand Bloodstock Limited's three-day select Sale at Karaka Jan. 29 has the average and median tracking ahead of last year's edition.
Rank outsider Sacred Star stunned 16 opponents in the JR & N Berkett Telegraph (NZ-I) Jan. 17 at Trentham when he unleashed an explosive rally to win by four lengths.
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out