Under a patient ride from jockey Mark Du Plessis, Raffles Racing's Rock Diva danced her way through the field to post a three-quarters of a length victory in the Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup (NZ-I) March 4.
Soriano slipped up on the inside of pacesetter Fast Dragon late in the Herbie Dyke Stakes (NZ-I) Feb. 7 at Te Rapa and battled that rival stride for stride before getting her head in front at the finish.
Strong trade on the second day of New Zealand Bloodstock Limited's three-day select Sale at Karaka Jan. 29 has the average and median tracking ahead of last year's edition.
Rank outsider Sacred Star stunned 16 opponents in the JR & N Berkett Telegraph (NZ-I) Jan. 17 at Trentham when he unleashed an explosive rally to win by four lengths.
Cumulative average price at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale showed an 8.6% increase compared with last year at the conclusion of the three-day first session March 5 while total sales and median remained static.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation