Ambitious Dragon, one of the greatest runners in the history of Hong Kong racing, has been retired.
Ambitious Dragon overcame a raft of problems, including an injury the day before the race, and still produced a dramatic run to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) Dec. 9 by three-quarters of a length.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Tony Millard who has Ambitious Dragon in the Hong Kong Cup. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
England's Ryan Moore is looking for his third jockey title in Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship Dec. 7.
Simon Burgess talks with Tony Millard, trainer of Sweet Sanette, who finished third in the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) on June 14. Watch Video
Mrs. Carde Ostemann-Richter's international star Paolini has been withdrawn from the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) and will be replaced by local runner Blue Stitch. The $3.2 million Hong Kong Cup, run at 1 1/4 miles, is the centerpiece of the Hong Kong International Races to be held at Sha Tin on Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- TOBA June Member of the Month
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds