Ambitious Dragon, one of the greatest runners in the history of Hong Kong racing, has been retired.
Ambitious Dragon overcame a raft of problems, including an injury the day before the race, and still produced a dramatic run to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) Dec. 9 by three-quarters of a length.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer Tony Millard who has Ambitious Dragon in the Hong Kong Cup. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
England's Ryan Moore is looking for his third jockey title in Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship Dec. 7.
Simon Burgess talks with Tony Millard, trainer of Sweet Sanette, who finished third in the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) on June 14. Watch Video
Mrs. Carde Ostemann-Richter's international star Paolini has been withdrawn from the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) and will be replaced by local runner Blue Stitch. The $3.2 million Hong Kong Cup, run at 1 1/4 miles, is the centerpiece of the Hong Kong International Races to be held at Sha Tin on Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable