After a 2015 spill kept him away from racing for nearly 16 months, jockey Rajiv Maragh is set to make his long-awaited return Nov. 4, opening day of the Aqueduct Racetrack fall meet.
Jockey Rajiv Maragh was released from North Shore Hospital July 13 and is resting at home near Hempstead, N.Y., after sustaining several injuries in a July 10 fall at Belmont Park.
Jockey Rajiv Maragh underwent surgery the morning of Sept. 28 at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y., to repair a broken right arm suffered when he was unseated during the Jockey Club Gold Cup a day earlier.
Jockey Irad Ortiz Jr., who fell from his mount during the eighth race at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 23, sustained a bruised lower back and was expected to remain at Jamaica Hospital overnight for observation.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen