After a 2015 spill kept him away from racing for nearly 16 months, jockey Rajiv Maragh is set to make his long-awaited return Nov. 4, opening day of the Aqueduct Racetrack fall meet.
Jockey Rajiv Maragh was released from North Shore Hospital July 13 and is resting at home near Hempstead, N.Y., after sustaining several injuries in a July 10 fall at Belmont Park.
Jockey Rajiv Maragh underwent surgery the morning of Sept. 28 at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, N.Y., to repair a broken right arm suffered when he was unseated during the Jockey Club Gold Cup a day earlier.
Jockey Irad Ortiz Jr., who fell from his mount during the eighth race at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 23, sustained a bruised lower back and was expected to remain at Jamaica Hospital overnight for observation.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes