After taking just three days to surpass total sales recorded last year, the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale registered strong gross, average, and median when this year's auction wrapped up Jan. 11 in Lexington.
The legacy of the late Barbara Hunter was on full display Jan. 8 during the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, with Keertana selling for $1 million and Snow Top Mountain bringing $950,000.
A half-brother by Powerscourt to Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) winner Ravalo brought $180,000 to headline the Sept. 26 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale
Tony Lacy of Four Star Sales is the new North American representative for Arqana, a Thoroughbred auction firm that is based in France.
When Tony Lacy was signing sale tickets for yearlings last year, the Kentucky-based bloodstock agent and Four Star Sales consultant didn't know that two of the horses would distinguish themselves by having siblings running in this year's Kentucky Presented By Yum Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Horseplayers Support USADA Oversight
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut
- NYTHA Executive Director Gallagher Retires
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners