Dangerous Midge, winner of the 2010 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been sold for stallion duty in Chile.
Gemologist, winner of the April 7 Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I), was a weanling when he made his first and only appearance in the auction ring.
Dangerous Midge made sure European jockey Frankie Dettori didn't go home empty handed when he wore down pacesetter Champ Pegasus in deep stretch to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 6.
Gallant Son overcame a wide starting berth to win the $100,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) for his first graded stakes score April 25 on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Winchell Thoroughbreds has retired grade II winner Zanjero. Plans for the 2009 breeding season have not been finalized.
If Dixie Chatter wins the Oct. 27 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), proverbial lightning will have struck Tony Holmes' Marula Park Stud near Lexington twice in the span of three years.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Ltd. will honor the victorious breeders of the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the 12th annual Breeders' Cup Ltd. dinner on Saturday, Jan. 7, 6:30 p.m. in the Clubhouse at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work