Dangerous Midge, winner of the 2010 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been sold for stallion duty in Chile.
Gemologist, winner of the April 7 Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I), was a weanling when he made his first and only appearance in the auction ring.
Dangerous Midge made sure European jockey Frankie Dettori didn't go home empty handed when he wore down pacesetter Champ Pegasus in deep stretch to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 6.
Gallant Son overcame a wide starting berth to win the $100,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT) for his first graded stakes score April 25 on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Winchell Thoroughbreds has retired grade II winner Zanjero. Plans for the 2009 breeding season have not been finalized.
If Dixie Chatter wins the Oct. 27 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), proverbial lightning will have struck Tony Holmes' Marula Park Stud near Lexington twice in the span of three years.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Ltd. will honor the victorious breeders of the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the 12th annual Breeders' Cup Ltd. dinner on Saturday, Jan. 7, 6:30 p.m. in the Clubhouse at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator