Questroyal Stud, located in New York state, announced that Tomorrows Cat's fee for 2007 will remain at $7,500.
Looking for his first win in 18 months, Funny Cide gave a gritty effort in Saturday's $151,900 Excelsior Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) but couldn't hold off the surging West Virginia, who registered a mild surprise on the Aqueduct main track.
West Virginia surged to the lead with less than a furlong to go and held on to defeat 65-1 outsider Zoffinger in the $190,000 Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Monmouth Park. The winner, ridden by Jose Velez Jr., survived an objection for drifting out into the path of the runner-up.
So Sweet a Cat, ridden by leading jockey John Velazquez, disposed of pacesetter South Wing with a furlong to go and drew away to a one-sided victory in the $250,000 Statue of Liberty Division of the New York Stallions Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course Thursday.
Favored West Virginia took the lead after a half-mile, then held of the stubborn Salty Character by a neck to win Wednesday's $83,675 Damon Runyon for 2-year-old New York breds at 1 1/16 mile on Aqueduct's sloppy inner track.
Quantum Merit, West Virginia, Ma Femme and So Sweet a Cat registered victories in Sunday's New York Stallion Series, a four-race showcase for state-bred horses at Aqueduct.
Grade II winner Tomorrows Cat's first winner came out June 28 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact