Mrs. Paul Shanahan's Waltzing Matilda provided quite a shock in the $300,000 New York Stakes (gr. IIT) June 5, taking the 1 1/2-mile turf event at Belmont Park at odds of 22-1 in her U.S. debut.
First-crop stallion Holy Roman Emperor, a French champion and Irish group I winner, sired his first winner when his son High Award won the first race for 2-year-olds in England and Ireland this year.
Myboycharlie remained undefeated with an emphatic two-length victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Irish-bred Fearless Flyer and jockey Emily Ramsammy pulled off a mild upset, gliding to victory in the $177,300 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Fair Grounds Horses Nearing Release From Quarantine
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business