Northwest Farms' Stopshoppingdebbie remained undefeated in nine career starts after prevailing by a half-length over stablemate Goin to the Window Aug. 24 in the $65,000 Emerald Distaff at Emerald Downs.
Wasserman and The Great Face, the last two winners of the Longacres Mile (gr. III), were on the track Feb 2 as Emerald Downs opened for training in advance of the 2009 racing season.
Pacesetting The Great Face refused to give way when collared by favored Raise the Bluff mid-stretch, fighting back to win the $391,250 Longacres Mile Breeders' Cup Presented by TVG (gr. III) by a head on a sloppy track at Seattle's Emerald Downs Aug. 19.
The Great Face made Emerald Downs' opening night of racing for 2007 one to remember when he tied the world record for 5 1/2 furlongs in the feature race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win