Washington-based stallion Atta Boy Roy joined the ranks of freshman sires with first black-type winners Aug. 28 when Risque's Legacy went gate to wire to capture the Washington Cup Two-Year-Old Filly Stakes on Washington Cup Day at Emerald Downs.
Northwest Farms' Stopshoppingdebbie remained undefeated in nine career starts after prevailing by a half-length over stablemate Goin to the Window Aug. 24 in the $65,000 Emerald Distaff at Emerald Downs.
Wasserman and The Great Face, the last two winners of the Longacres Mile (gr. III), were on the track Feb 2 as Emerald Downs opened for training in advance of the 2009 racing season.
Pacesetting The Great Face refused to give way when collared by favored Raise the Bluff mid-stretch, fighting back to win the $391,250 Longacres Mile Breeders' Cup Presented by TVG (gr. III) by a head on a sloppy track at Seattle's Emerald Downs Aug. 19.
The Great Face made Emerald Downs' opening night of racing for 2007 one to remember when he tied the world record for 5 1/2 furlongs in the feature race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine