Washington-based stallion Atta Boy Roy joined the ranks of freshman sires with first black-type winners Aug. 28 when Risque's Legacy went gate to wire to capture the Washington Cup Two-Year-Old Filly Stakes on Washington Cup Day at Emerald Downs.
Northwest Farms' Stopshoppingdebbie remained undefeated in nine career starts after prevailing by a half-length over stablemate Goin to the Window Aug. 24 in the $65,000 Emerald Distaff at Emerald Downs.
Wasserman and The Great Face, the last two winners of the Longacres Mile (gr. III), were on the track Feb 2 as Emerald Downs opened for training in advance of the 2009 racing season.
Pacesetting The Great Face refused to give way when collared by favored Raise the Bluff mid-stretch, fighting back to win the $391,250 Longacres Mile Breeders' Cup Presented by TVG (gr. III) by a head on a sloppy track at Seattle's Emerald Downs Aug. 19.
The Great Face made Emerald Downs' opening night of racing for 2007 one to remember when he tied the world record for 5 1/2 furlongs in the feature race on April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial