Business boomed at the Goffs Orby yearling sale, which ended its two-session run Oct. 4 in Ireland with increases from a year ago of 32.7% in gross, 46.8% in average price, and 38.1% in median price.
Lahaleeb produced the biggest upset in the 54-year history of Woodbine's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 17 when she came from off the pace in the stretch to win the $964,356 test for fillies and mares at odds of 44-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy