Business boomed at the Goffs Orby yearling sale, which ended its two-session run Oct. 4 in Ireland with increases from a year ago of 32.7% in gross, 46.8% in average price, and 38.1% in median price.
Lahaleeb produced the biggest upset in the 54-year history of Woodbine's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 17 when she came from off the pace in the stretch to win the $964,356 test for fillies and mares at odds of 44-1.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Plumptre Leaving Godolphin Australia Position
- Portrade Back at Saratoga for A.P. Smithwick
- Spendthrift Australia Schedules Stallion Parades
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente