The first foal by dual classic winner Smarty Jones arrived shortly after midnight Jan 10 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky.
Skywalker, who won the 1986 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and whose champion son Bertrando finished second in the 1993 running, died the morning of Feb. 25 of a heart attack.
California invader Kappa King will share starting highweight of 117 pounds with the Canadian-based Strut the Stage and the locally campaigned Mystery Giver in the $225,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement