The first foal by dual classic winner Smarty Jones arrived shortly after midnight Jan 10 at Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm near Paris, Ky.
Skywalker, who won the 1986 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and whose champion son Bertrando finished second in the 1993 running, died the morning of Feb. 25 of a heart attack.
California invader Kappa King will share starting highweight of 117 pounds with the Canadian-based Strut the Stage and the locally campaigned Mystery Giver in the $225,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont