A Giant's Causeway filly, the second foal out of 2005 Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Saoire, was the star of Goffs Orby yearling sale's opening session in Ireland Sept. 29. She commanded the highest price of 475,000 euros ($695,124 in U.S funds) from bloodstock agent Hugo Merry, who was acting on behalf of Dr. Jim Hay.
A daughter of Redback brought the highest price of 210,000 guineas April 16 during the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale in England. Trainer Tom Tate purchased the 2-year-old filly for Dubai-based owner Jim Hay. Her consignor was Tony and Roger O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment