A Giant's Causeway filly, the second foal out of 2005 Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Saoire, was the star of Goffs Orby yearling sale's opening session in Ireland Sept. 29. She commanded the highest price of 475,000 euros ($695,124 in U.S funds) from bloodstock agent Hugo Merry, who was acting on behalf of Dr. Jim Hay.
A daughter of Redback brought the highest price of 210,000 guineas April 16 during the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale in England. Trainer Tom Tate purchased the 2-year-old filly for Dubai-based owner Jim Hay. Her consignor was Tony and Roger O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge