A Giant's Causeway filly, the second foal out of 2005 Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Saoire, was the star of Goffs Orby yearling sale's opening session in Ireland Sept. 29. She commanded the highest price of 475,000 euros ($695,124 in U.S funds) from bloodstock agent Hugo Merry, who was acting on behalf of Dr. Jim Hay.
A daughter of Redback brought the highest price of 210,000 guineas April 16 during the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale in England. Trainer Tom Tate purchased the 2-year-old filly for Dubai-based owner Jim Hay. Her consignor was Tony and Roger O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile