A Giant's Causeway filly, the second foal out of 2005 Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Saoire, was the star of Goffs Orby yearling sale's opening session in Ireland Sept. 29. She commanded the highest price of 475,000 euros ($695,124 in U.S funds) from bloodstock agent Hugo Merry, who was acting on behalf of Dr. Jim Hay.
A daughter of Redback brought the highest price of 210,000 guineas April 16 during the second and final session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale in England. Trainer Tom Tate purchased the 2-year-old filly for Dubai-based owner Jim Hay. Her consignor was Tony and Roger O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage