Organizations representing owners and breeders in New Jersey blasted the latest recommendations from a commission created by Republican Gov. Chris Christie, saying the plans would destroy racing and breeding in the state.
Thoroughbred breeders and owners in New Jersey hope a new summer format at Monmouth Park is successful, but they also are concerned about whether it will have a long-term positive effect.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
The owners of Tee-N-Jay Farm hope their horses can do more than just win races at Monmouth Park and Saratoga, they hope they can help find a cure for celiac disease.
Godolphin Cat, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat, will enter stud at Tom Swales IV's Tee-N-Jay Farm near Monroe, N.J.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out