Organizations representing owners and breeders in New Jersey blasted the latest recommendations from a commission created by Republican Gov. Chris Christie, saying the plans would destroy racing and breeding in the state.
Thoroughbred breeders and owners in New Jersey hope a new summer format at Monmouth Park is successful, but they also are concerned about whether it will have a long-term positive effect.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
The owners of Tee-N-Jay Farm hope their horses can do more than just win races at Monmouth Park and Saratoga, they hope they can help find a cure for celiac disease.
Godolphin Cat, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat, will enter stud at Tom Swales IV's Tee-N-Jay Farm near Monroe, N.J.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Nightflower Takes Second Europa
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar