Organizations representing owners and breeders in New Jersey blasted the latest recommendations from a commission created by Republican Gov. Chris Christie, saying the plans would destroy racing and breeding in the state.
Thoroughbred breeders and owners in New Jersey hope a new summer format at Monmouth Park is successful, but they also are concerned about whether it will have a long-term positive effect.
The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association of New Jersey is reworking its 2010 budget, but in a Feb. 19 letter to Republican Gov. Chris Christie, the organization took issue with the governor's veto of the budget.
The owners of Tee-N-Jay Farm hope their horses can do more than just win races at Monmouth Park and Saratoga, they hope they can help find a cure for celiac disease.
Godolphin Cat, a 5-year-old son of Storm Cat, will enter stud at Tom Swales IV's Tee-N-Jay Farm near Monroe, N.J.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity