A paddock blanket worn by Seabiscuit, the Depression-era racehorse who inspired a best-selling book by Laura Hillenbrand and a successful motion picture, is being auctioned by MastroNet, a Chicago auction company.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Because the people and horses elected to racing’s Hall of Fame are revealed each spring prior to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the induction ceremony in August at Saratoga is more of a celebration than a news-making event. But this year’s induction provided a surprise.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Fastnet Rock Filly Tops NZ Premier Sale
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76