A paddock blanket worn by Seabiscuit, the Depression-era racehorse who inspired a best-selling book by Laura Hillenbrand and a successful motion picture, is being auctioned by MastroNet, a Chicago auction company.
"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has signed on to play jockey Red Pollard, who piloted the fabled Depression era horse Seabiscuit, in the major motion picture release of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An American Legend."
Because the people and horses elected to racing’s Hall of Fame are revealed each spring prior to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), the induction ceremony in August at Saratoga is more of a celebration than a news-making event. But this year’s induction provided a surprise.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win